- For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
1.1 Agreement” means all the terms and conditions contained herein;
1.2 “CPA” means Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
1.3 “ECTA” means Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002;
1.4 “ICPCRI Act” means Interception of Communication and Provision of Communication Related Information Act 70 OF 2002;
1.5 “PAIA” means Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000;
1.6 “POPI Act” means Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
1.7 “Supplier/Us/We” means Dermis Boutique (Pty) Ltd;
1.8 “this Website” means www.dermisboutique.co.za
1.9 “You/Yourself/Your” means any persons making use of this Website.
TERMS AND CONDITION FOR USE OF WEBSITE AND SALES
- Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use of Website and sales carefully before using this Website.
- The Terms and Conditions contained herein govern Your use of this website and constitute the Terms and Conditions for any purchases made by You through this website.
- By using this Website, you agree to:
4.1 Be bound by this Agreement and affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement, if not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.
4.2 Always act in accordance with the law and You may not, in any way, impair the integrity or operation of the Website.
- If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use this Website.
- In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the ECTA, the supplier of goods details is provided below:
6.1. Supplier is:
6.1.1 Dermis Boutique (Pty) Ltd
6.1.2. a private company duly registered and existing under the laws of South Africa with registration number: 9410501192
6.1.3 with its physical address at 134 River Close, Barbeque Downs, 1684 and with its postal address, P O Box 498, Kyalami,1684
6.1.4. Tel: 079 918 9696
6.1.5. Fax: 086 606 8717
6.1.6. Supplier’s place of registration is at (134 River Close, Barbeque Downs, 1684 and with its postal address, P O Box 498, Kyalami,
6.1.7. Supplier will accept legal service at 134 River Close, Barbeque Downs, 1684 and with its postal address, P O Box 498, Kyalami,1684
6.1.8. Supplier’s website is www.dermisboutique.co.za and its email address firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTS FOR PERSONAL USE
- All products purchased/received through this website are for personal use only and may not be resold. In order to prevent/minimize contravention of this clause, you will only be permitted to purchase/order a maximum number of (6) of any specific product per order. Further to the above, if in our sole discretion, we believe that any order to be filled or products to be provided to You may result in the violation of these Terms, We reserve the right, with notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity thereof.
- All payments to be made for transactions concluded on this Website may be made by PayFast, Visa, Mastercard and Maestro credit Cards or by direct transfer into Dermis Boutique bank account.
- Provided stock is available, the Supplier will process delivery of any goods purchased on this website within 2 (Two) working days and at most 3 (Three) working days, from the date of receipt of payment for such purchase made. Delivery is free for orders in excess of R500 and a flat courier fee applies to orders below R500
- Should we fail to make delivery within the time periods stated above, You may cancel the purchase agreement by giving a 7 (seven) days’ notice, via email to email@example.com , prior cancelation. Please include your order number
and your reason for returning the product(s) in the cancellation notice referred to above.
- We will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order and will reasonably endeavor to ensure that goods arrive at Your chosen delivery address in the same good order.
DEFECTIVE GOODS, RETURNS AND REFUND POLICIY
- In accordance with section 56(2) of the CPA, should You find any product purchased on this Website to be defective, regardless of whether it is a latent or patent defect, you may within 6 (six) Months of receiving the product contact Us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 701 5098 and collection will be arranged at our expense.
- Please include your order, name, email address and phone number and your reason for returning the product(s) when arranging for collection as stated in clause 11.
- For any defective goods collected, as contemplated in clause 11 we will offer You an option for a refund for the purchase price of the defective good/s or alternatively a replacement/exchange.
- A few products sold on this Website contain different active ingredients. Which can cause a temporary, mild irritation of the skin upon initial use. It is therefore our recommendation that you follow the instructions to avoid unfavorable reaction.
- We are exempted from liability for any harm caused using any goods purchased from this Website if:
16.1 the unsafe product characteristic, failure, defect or hazard that results in harm is wholly attributable to compliance with any public regulation;
16.2 the alleged unsafe product characteristic, failure, defect or hazard
16.3 did not exist in the goods at the time it was supplied by that person to another person alleged to be liable; or
16.4 was wholly attributable to compliance by that person with instructions provided by the person who supplied the goods to that person,
16.5 it is unreasonable to expect the distributor or retailer to have discovered the unsafe product characteristic, failure, defect or hazard, having regard to that person’s role in marketing the goods to consumers.
- Upon your order having left our premises (i.e. has been shipped/couriered) if you no longer want the product(s) you have ordered from this Website, you may return it to our physical address within 14 (Fourteen) days at your own expense. If the product is unopened and the original packaging is still intact, we will provide you with a refund.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If you have any complaints regarding services provided through this website or the use of the Website and the experience thereof, please lodge your complaint by contacting our Customer Care line: +27 11 701 5098.
PRIVACY, ACCESS TO AND USE OF INFORMATION
- For use of this website you will be required to furnish Us with certain Personal Information, as defined in section 1 of the PAIA, and in section 1 of ECTA, necessary to process any transaction made through this Website.
- By accessing and using this website You consent to Us electronically collecting, storing, processing distributing and using your Personal Information for any lawful purpose, including marketing and any other purposes as permitted by the provisions contained in PAIA and ECTA.
- You agree that your consent satisfies the requirements of ECTA for consent in “writing” as defined.
PRIVACY – CREDIT CARD SECURITY
- The private information required for executing the orders namely Your credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by Us and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number, will be made known to third parties delivering the product.
- We undertake that we have taken all reasonable precautions to secure the credit card processing that is carried out to receive payments for goods sold. We cannot be held liable for security breaches occurring on Your electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to access the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that You may inadvertently have installed on Your device, or due to any other security breaches that occur notwithstanding the reasonable precautions we have taken
PRIVACY – PROMOTIONAL INFORMATION
- For purposes of marketing our products and services we may provide You with information relating to Our new products on the market and other special offers and giveaways. There is an option to opt-out of such circulus. To exercise this option please contact Customer Care on +27 11 701 5098 or email@example.com
PRIVACY – INTERCEPTION
- Subject to the ICPCRI Act, by accessing and using this Website, You agree that We may intercept, all communications between Yourself and Us our employees, or agents and that your consent satisfied the requirements of ECTA and ICPCRI Act for consent in “writing” as defined.
- All information obtained through the interception of communications between Yourself and Us, our employees, or agents, will be disclosed to:
26.1 Any other person who of necessity requires it for the performance of his/her functions in terms of the ICPCRI Act;
26.2 Any other person if he/she is a person who of necessity supplies it in the performance of his or her functions in terms of the ICPCRI Act.;
26.3 To any competent authority who requires it for the institution or an investigation or any criminal proceedings as contemplated in Chapter 5 of the Prevention of Organized Crime Act.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All the information and content available on this Website and its “look and feel”, including but not limited to logos, trade-marks, service marks, images, graphics, text, button icons, audio clips, data compilations and software, and the compilation and organization thereof (collectively, the “Content”), is owned by Us, our affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, licensors and the Content is protected by South African copyright laws, including laws governing copyrights and trademarks.
- Except when expressly authorized by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or otherwise exploit all or any part of this Website or any information or materials made available through this Website.
- We disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on third party websites or resources that link to or are linked from this Website.
- INFORMATION AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NO LATENT DEFECTS, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE.
- This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Us from our offices as set out above within the Republic of South Africa.
- These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and You consent to the jurisdiction of the High Court, in the event of any dispute. If any of the provisions of these Terms are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Us and You with regard to the use of the Content and this Website and in relation to the subject matter hereof, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications.
- Any favor We may allow You will not affect or substitute any of Our rights against You. Our failure to require Your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect Our full right to require such performance at any time thereafter, nor shall Our waiver of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
- Retinol Disclaimer
This fact by the Dermis Boutique provides information that should not take the place of medical advice. We encourage you to talk to your dermatologist about your interest in, questions about, or use of retinol and what may be best for your overall skin. Any mention in this of a specific product, or recommendation does not represent an endorsement by Dermis Boutique of that product.
As with any skincare ingredient that will impact your skin, you need to use Retinol with caution. Retinol is the over-the-counter version of Retin-A, which becomes the active Retinoic Acid when it hits the skin.
Retinol is added to creams that go on your skin. It boosts the amount of collagen your body makes and plumps out skin, cutting down fine lines and wrinkles. They also stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin, which improves skin colour. Additional benefits include fading age spots and softening rough patches of skin.
It takes three to six months of regular use before improvements in photo-ageing are seen. Before the improvements in fine lines and wrinkles are apparent it will take 6 to 12 months of continuous use, it takes longer than prescription Retin-A. Using a retinol-based product may make the top layer of your skin dry and flaky.
That said, retinols don’t work equally as well on everyone – you shouldn’t touch the stuff if you suffer from rosacea, eczema, or psoriasis as retinol can make you more vascular – meaning that you will end up with more inflammation and thereby worse symptoms of whatever it is you are suffering from. However, Retinol is not as strong as prescription Retin-A, therefore it is less irritating. Ask your dermatologist if you can use the retinol.
In general, retinoids tend to be very unstable. They lose potency quickly, especially when exposed to light, oxygen, and with time. The less contact with air the better or the risk is the ingredient becoming in-active.
Retinols are applied at night, particularly because they make your skin more photosensitive. You need to always apply a sunscreen during the day, after using Retinol.
Before you start slathering a Retinol on your skin, keep a few tips in mind:
- Introduce the product slowly, starting with the mildest. Add it into a nightly routine one to two times per week for the first week and then gradually increase how often you apply.
- Give it time to work. It may take three months before you notice changes in the skin.
- Allow the product to absorb in the skin for 20 to 30 minutes before applying another product on top.
36. NEW! Protection of personal information Act, Act 4 of 2013:
The responsible use of the website and related resources in respect of data privacy is important to Dermis Boutique. Please read the privacy statement before you proceed to make use of our electronic facilities to enter any personal information. Click ACCEPT to proceed and provide voluntary consent to the processing of your personal information required to register your account to facilitate online transactions and enquiries through the platform. If you click DECLINE, note that you have not given consent of collecting your personal information and it will result in directed to the online store.